07 September 2011

Someone Else's Happy Ending, Chapter 7

Saturday September 27th [19 w 5 d]

Oh no...where did that come from?! I look down at my stomach, wondering where that huge bulge came from. Crappp. After freaking out for a minute, I throw on a sweater, large enough to pretty much hide the offending bulge, and head down to the great hall. Today we're going to Hogmeade. I spot Draco in the place I told him to wait for me and sneak up behind him, tickling him and making him jump. A bunch of people stare at him and his cheeks turn a light tinge of pink. A much better look than the white he usually is.

"Annabel!" I laugh at him, linking my arm with his and trying to get him to skip with me. He doesn't want to and makes such a fuss that I stop. "I am a man, Bella. Men don't skip merrily down the lane." I snort and he glares at me. "As much as you'd like to think otherwise."

"Oh, no. I bask in your manly glowness. Teach me, great manly one."

"Bella, come on, stop it." He glances around. There's a few people looking and laughing, but I don't care.

"Oh come on, Draco. Who cares what people think?"

"I do, actually." I shake my read and roll my eyes. I happen to look back and see Keelan walking a few yards behind us. He hasn't spoken to me since I slapped him those weeks ago. I've made it a point to avoid him but he's always popping up everywhere. I'm beginning to think he's following me, but that's way too creepy to think about.

I decide not to mention it to Draco since he's already furious at him as it is. I'm surprised at his restraint that he's not kicked Keelan's ass yet. To my dismay Keelan decides to catch up to us, almost tripping me with his foot. I stagger a bit before regaining my footing.

"Keelan! What's your problem!" He walks backwards in front of us, shrugging.

"Just trying to solve a few of my problems, that's all." I shake my head, choosing to ignore him. Draco, on the other hand, has finally had enough.

"What's your problem, Richards?" Keelan points to my stomach.

"That is my problem."

"You know Keelan, for being put in Ravenclaw, you're pretty stupid. Come on Draco." I grab his arm but he pulls it from me with a huff.

"No, Bell. He's already done enough. Why don't you just piss off, Richards?" Keelan smiles.

"Would if I could." He turns around and starts walking away from us, laughing with his idiotic. I can see a bunch of people staring. Draco steps away from me and picks up a stick.

"Oh my God, Draco. Don't you dare! Do you want to get expelled?" He ignores me, chucking the stick. It hits its target, striking the back of Keelan's head. He spins around and stalks back to Draco, throwing his arm back to punch him. I step in front of him before he can do anything and Keelan lowers his arms. "Don't you dare, Keelan Richards." I reach behind me and grab Draco's arm, pulling him away from Keelan.

"Bell.."

"Don't even Draco. I'm mad at you right now." I let his hand go and walk by myself the rest of the way to Hogsmeade. I spot Leona walking out of Honeydukes and decide to spend the day with her instead. It crosses my mind that if I hang out with Draco I'll end up saying something I regret later. Much later, in my current mood.

Leona and I spend the afternoon walking around Hogsmeade, enjoying some much needed catch up time. As we're walking back up to the school Draco catches up to us. He tries to apologize the entire way there.

"Go away already, Draco."

"Come on, Bell. I couldn't just let him get away with trying to trip you." I stop walking and turn to him.

"I don't care. You had no right to throw a stick at him. No matter how much of a dick he was being." Leona and I continue walking, ignoring the apologies Draco's trying to make. I bid farewell to Leona as we sit at our tables for dinner. During dinner I notice that Draco's not eating much and he looks miserable. I suddenly feel really bad for ignoring him all day. But still, he had no right to throw a stick at Keelan. I sigh, finishing my supper and heading up to the library.

I gather a few books on pregnancy and claim my usual couch, reading up a bit on what's happening to my body. A little later I look up just as Draco enters the library. He stalks over and sits down beside me. "There you are. I had to harass a few 3rd years before finally finding you. Whatcha reading?"

"I realized I don't really know much about what's going on so I thought I'd read up on it."

"What's supposed to be happening right now?" I flip a few pages back.

"Well, in week 20 it says I can already feel movement, which I'm not. The baby is about the size of a melon. Everything's all formed and now she just has to grow. And apparently pineapple helps with heartburn. Which is fantastic because I love pineapple."

We sit for a while longer, reading through the books and seeing what's to come. At some point I rest my head on Draco's shoulder and don't even notice when I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment