07 January 2012

The Impossibility Of Sensibility, Chapter 13

Jilly-

Of course. I completely understand your hesitations, so don't worry.

Do you remember when I was 16 and you were 14. It was your birthday. You told me that you were afraid of getting older because you didn't think I'd want to see you when you were old and wrinkly.

The day I proposed to you, we were playing in the water, do you remember what I said?

From age 15 to 16 I gave you a chocolate every single day, leaving them on your pillow. You never figured out how I did it, and I'm still not telling.

You want to be a vet when you're older. You've never told anyone because you're afraid they might think you're silly.

How's that? Did I pass the test?

Yours, Emmett


Emmett-

I have so many questions for you.

Jillian


Jilly-

I know you do, and I'm sorry that I can't answer all of them. Not yet. But I promise one day I'll be able to tell you everything.

Carlisle says you're doing much better. I'm happy to hear that.

I'm sorry I missed your birthday.

Yours, Emmett


Emmett-

Can you tell me at least something? Like where you've been all this time? Or, why you don't think it's safe to see me? Something?

Yes, much better. Dr Cullen says I can go home soon. I'm excited but a little nervous.

Jillian


Jilly-

It's kind of difficult to tell you some things. But I've been living with Carlisle and his family. They're great people, even if they can be annoying at times.

I can't tell you why it's not safe, it just isn't. You're going to have to trust me on this. I'll try to see you as soon as I can, but I can't make any promises.

Yours, Emmett


Emmett-

Tell me about his family.

Jillian


Jilly-

There's Carlisle and his wife Esme, and her cousins Edward and Rosalie.

Write me whenever you can.

Yours, Emmett


Emmett-

Why are they all staying with Dr Cullen and his wife?

It's been weird at home. My parents tiptoe around me and Greg is hardly ever here. It's kind of lonely.

Jillian


Jilly-

Edward and Rose's mother died so Carlisle and Esme offered to keep them until they're older.

Has Sasha been to see you?

Yours, Emmett


Emmett-

No, not yet. She's busy with her husband and they're due with twins soon.

Jillian


Jilly-

Wow, I didn't know she was even engaged, let alone married and pregnant.

Yours, Emmett


Emmett-

Happy birthday. Wish I was able to wish you in person, but I guess this will have to do.

Jillian


Emmett-

Well, it's been a couple months since my last letter. How are you? Please write me back.

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment