12 November 2015

SEHE; Chapter 6

Wednesday September 24 [19w 2d]

The month goes by quickly and somewhat normally. I involve myself in my studies, spend time with Lena and Draco, and try to ignore Keelan. I've told Lena that I feel I should tell Keelan that I'm pregnant but she wholeheartedly disagrees. "It's not that I think you'll go back to him, even if he did tell you that he wants you back. I just don't want him knowing something that could potentially hurt you."

"He's going to find out anyway. If I hadn't been as far along when he broke up with me I could say it's someone else's, but the dates match up. I do not need people thinking I'm a cheater, even if it isn't true."

"I know, Bell, I know. I don't think he deserves to know." I sigh.

"I don't either, but really, what choice do I have? Another couple months and I won't be able to hide it anymore." The bump is still pretty petite but I can definitely tell it's getting bigger. I haven't felt any movements yet either. I'm not worried, because everything I've read says this is completely normal. Expected, even.

"Any ideas for names yet?" I lean back on my bed frame and stretch. Which is getting harder the bigger my belly gets.

"Not really. I kind of like Elizabeth but I don't like Lizzie."

"Are you going to find out the sex?"

"I actually go with Pomfrey to St Mungo's on Sunday. Want to come?"

"Like you need to ask. Is Draco coming?" I shrug.

"I don't know, I haven't asked."

"You should."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

+++

"Miss Leed, at which point does a Wiggenweld potion turn purple?" A few hands go up, despite the question being directed at me.

"After you add flobberworm mucus."

"The first or the second time?"

"The first time."

"Excellent. Mr Plunkhouse, what colour does it turn after the second flobberworm mucus is added?" Jeremy gets a panicked look on his face and we can all tell he doesn't know.

"Bell." Draco whispers beside me.

"What?" He pokes my elbow so I look at him.

"You going to Hogsmeade on Sunday?" I shake my head.

"No, I'm going to St Mungo's. Now shush." I look back at the professor.

"Why? Are you okay?" I nod. "Then why?" Irritated, I write on a scrap piece of paper.

Check up with P. Meeting doc. U/S. Coming?

I slide it over to him and take a couple notes while he looks it over.

Rather be there than be square.

I roll my eyes and grin. "Something amusing, Miss Leed?"

"No, sorry professor." I kick Draco under the bench and he just smirks. I catch myself thinking that it would be nice to see an actual smile on his face.

"Okay class. I would like a 5 page essay on the benefits to the Wiggenweld potion, due next week. Have a great day." I collect my books and stuff them in my bag. Before I can pick it up however, Draco takes it from me and slings it onto his shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"Carrying your books. What does it look like?" I raise an eyebrow.

"It looks like you think I'm an invalid. I can do things for myself, you know." He ushers me along the corridor, in the direction of dinner.

"Yes, yes, blah blah blah. Shut up and accept my offer to do something nice or I may never offer again." I smile then realize I forgot a book.

"Shoot, I forgot something. Go on, I'll catch up." I walk back to the classroom as Draco walks on to the Great Hall. I grab my book then hurry myself up the corridor.

"Get out of my way, Richards." I stop as I hear Draco's voice around the corner.

"No. I want to know why you're spending so much time with Bell."

"That's none of your damn business."

"See, I think it is my business."

"Not anymore." I hear a low growl from Keelan. What is going on?

"Is she shagging you now, too? I hear she's been fucking McCauly and Quinta." I feel my face get hot. It isn't true, of course, but I can't believe there are rumours about me. "How's it feel to get my sloppy seconds?" I can only imagine the restraint it's taking Draco now to throw a spell at Keelan. Before I get the chance to intercede, Snape stalks up the corridor behind me and rounds the corner.

"Why are you all standing here? Out of my sight before I start taking points." I slide down the wall to the floor and rest my forehead on my knees. Are there seriously rumours like that going around? I'm suddenly not hungry, but have to go to the Great Hall anyway because Draco still has my books. I don't know if I can walk in there. "If I may, don't put stock into what others say behind your back. They're behind you for a reason." Surprised, I look up at Snape. I never knew he could be so thoughtful.

"Thank you." He nods.

"No loitering, Miss Leed. Move along."

No comments:

Post a Comment