21 September 2011

Someone Else's Happy Ending, Chapter 10

Monday December 8th [30 w 0 d]

"I can't believe she even came back this year."

"I know. I almost even feel kinda sorry for her, though."

"Why? She's just trying to pin this baby on Keelan. It's probably not even his."

"I dunno. He was the one cheating on her."

"True, but I don't believe it's really his." I walk out of the stall to see three girls gathered around the sinks. I recognize them as my fellow 7th year Ravenclaws. They fall silent as they see me approach them. I cross my arms and just stare at them.

"Um, hi, Annabel."

"Does one of you want to tell me exactly what you were talking about." They all look at eachother.

"Well, um.."

"Today? Things to do, people to see, classes to attend, you know." They still don't answer me. "Keelan was cheating on me?" They look at eachother again.

"Uh, yeah." I just shake my head, rubbing my temples. Suddenly this weird pain goes from my lower back to my belly button. It takes my breath away for a second so I grab the sink for support, my other hand going to my stomach.

"Annabel, are you okay?" Another pain shoots through my back and I sink down to my knees.

"Noo.. this is too early." I stifle a moan as another pain shoots through me. I glare up at who I thought were my friends. "Don't just stand there staring at me. Get me to the damn hospital wing!" They gather me up in their arms and help me up to the hospital wing. It's slow going as we have to stop every few minutes as another wave of pain goes through my body, each one more painful than the last. No, please. This isn't right. This is way too early. Please...

"Madame Promfrey! Come quickly." She hurries out of her office as Jill and Brittany help me on to a bed.

"This isn't right, she's too early! You said I'm not due for two more months!"

"Dears, can you leave the room please? We need some privacy." Jill, Brittany and Alexandria leave the hospital wing and I'm left alone.

"Stop this, this isn't supposed to be happening. Make it stop!"

"Miss Leed, please calm down. I can't help you if you're in hysterics."

"I don't care! Do something to fix this!" She rushes away from the bed and disappears into her office. "Don't leave me!" More tears fall down my face as another wave of pain goes through me. Don't leave me... She comes back with a small vial of a yellow looking potion.

"Drink this slowly. Take small sips. Do it in between contractions." I take the vial from her and take a small sip of the stuff. It's absolutely disgusting. I gasp as another wave of pain hits my body, but am relieved to notice that it's not as strong as the previous ones.

I spend the next 15 minutes sipping the yellow stuff in between contractions while Madame Pomfrey bustles about her office. She comes out with a larger cup. I give her the vial as she hands me the cup.

"Drink this as well. It will help make sure that your baby develops just incase you deliver prematurely." I drink down the contents of the cup, which tastes a little better than the last one, and hand it back to her. "I'll want you to stay here for a few days. I'll also want you to remain on bed rest until you deliver. Premature labour is not something to mess around with, dear."

"Is she going to be okay?" Madame Pomfrey smiles sympathetically.

"Yes, I expect she'll be just fine. I just want to take precautions to ensure she comes out healthy. And at the right time." I nod, rubbing a hand over my enormous belly.

"Can I go back to my dorm and get a few things?" She nods.

"I'd prefer someone go with you, just so if anything happens you won't be alone. I would like you to rest first as the potion you just drank makes you sleepy." I nod again, making myself comfy, feeling sleep already draw me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment