24 September 2011

Someone Else's Happy Ending, Chapter 11

Friday December 19th [31 w 4 d]

Draco;

I'm going uber crazy locked up here. I haven't been outside in days. I almost miss Potions. At least I get to see you then. See how crazy I'm going though? Missing Potions! Help me!

-Bella


I seal it up and get my owl, Caramel, to send it to Draco. I've only been on bed rest for 10 days (3 of them spent in the hospital wing) and I'm already going stir crazy. I can't believe I have to spend two more months like this. I'm only allowed to be on my feet to pee so I can't even go down to the common room. House Elves bring me food for meals. If Draco and I weren't sending letters back and forth I'd already have gone crazy. Caramel flies back in the window and drops the letter on my lap.

Bella,

You're not missing much. Potions is dreadfully boring without you. It's cold outside and there's lots of snow. I know how you hate snow. I'll send away for some books for you to read. What would you like? Do you know what you're doing for holidays yet? I'll mail you back after I come back from dinner.

Draco


I grab my quill and scribble on the back of the paper.

I don't hate snow, I just don't like the cold. I'll get back to you on what books I'd like after I'm done reading my current one. Unfortunately, I'm going home for the holidays. My mom insists I go home. If you wanna visit me you can. Infact, I demand you visit me!

I send it off and get up, intent on getting to the bathrooms. I'm about half way to my feet when Leona walks in the door. "Help me up." She grabs my arm and I stand up, using her for support. I feel like I haven't used my legs in months. Even though the last time I peed was about 20 minutes ago.

"How are you doing, sweetie?" I grunt as I waddle over to the bathrooms. I can no longer deny that I don't walk, I waddle. Draco makes fun of me.

"Just fabulous, you know. Sitting up here all day long."

"Don't get snippy with me, preggy. It's not my fault you're huge and stuck in bed." I hold in some choice words while I do my business. It seems to take longer every time even though I have to pee about 20 times a day. I shuffle back to my bed and plop down, kicking my slippers off and sliding back under the covers.

"Don't you have a dinner to go to?"

"Naw, I thought I'd come visit you. Some little girls gave me a hard time about coming up here, but I won." I watch as she rifles through my side table. A habit that I find kind of annoying. She finds the stack of letters between Draco and I and shakes her head. "Man, you guys are too obvious." I roll my eyes.

"It's nothing, Leona. He's just being a good friend, that's all."

"Mhmm, really convincing." She gives me a smug smile like she knows something I don't. I don't like Draco. He's just a friend. Right?

**

Wednesday December 24th [32 w 2 d]

"Bell, can you come here?" I groan and toss the remote on the couch. Don't these people know I'm supposed to be on bed rest?

"I'm not supposed to do anything, mom." She ignores me, which is getting really irritating. The whole time I've been home she's barely said anything civil to me. She only speaks to me if she has to, and usually it's only about her work.

"Annabel, come here a second." As I get up I make it obvious that I'm annoyed. I walk over to her and sit on a kitchen chair.

"What?"

"Charlie and I have to go out of town and won't be back until after you're gone. Phoebe's mother has agreed to let you stay at their house until you leave. Maybe she can drive you since we'll have the car." I roll my eyes and exhale loudly.

"I can't stay home?"

"No. You're in no condition to be by yourself. Your brothers wouldn't know what to do if you stayed here. Besides, this will give you a chance to see Phoebe before you go."

"Yeah, since I can't talk to her." I came home to find that my mom had cut off my cell phone and since she's on the phone all day long I haven't had a chance to call Phoebe. Who has been busy with family stuff since it's the holiday's. I can't even use the phone after she's done because I have 5 brothers and they're always talking to their friends. Being home is worse than being stuck up in my dorm at Hogwarts. At least there I had Draco to write to.

"Phoebe's coming over tomorrow to help you pack and I'll drive you both over to her house."

"Sounds like great fun. Can't wait to be carted off by my family." I get up and open the fridge, looking for a snack.

"Don't get smart with me. If you weren't pregnant you could stay home and would still have your phone."

"Punish me because I'm carrying your grandchild. Very motherly of you, mom."

"I'm not getting into this right now, Annabel. And I'm not punishing you."

"Funny way of showing it." I grab a block of cheese and a big carton of yogourt and head back to my spot on the couch. My mom gathers up her papers and leaves the kitchen in a huff. I flip through the channels as I eat my cheese and yogourt.

"Oh Bell, that's gross." I smile up at Nate as he sits down beside me. "I heard you talking to mom." My smile falters and my attention goes back to the t.v. "Don't be so hard on her. She's having a hard time accepting that you're pregnant." I ignore him, flipping channels. Nate sighs. "Have you picked any names yet?"

"Nope."

"Do you know what you're having?"

"Yeah, but I'm not telling anyone."

"Aw come on. You can tell your most favourite brother." I laugh.

"Naw, I think I like Leon best."

"The little scrawny one?"

"Yep, he doesn't make fun of me as much as everyone else does."

"That's just because he's the smallest and knows you could kick his ass." I nod.

"Damn right I could." We talk and joke for a bit longer. I learn that Nate's been dating a girl for a few months and he teases me about Draco. A couple of my brothers join us in the living room as he's teasing me and I end up having to explain who Draco is. Which just results in more teasing. "You guys are so mean." I pretend to sulk and cross my arms. Nate gives me a one armed hug.

"Aw, poor anny-belly."

"Dinner's ready guys." Nate helps me up off the couch and over to the table. Even though I'm not supposed to be moving around my mom insists I sit at the table with everyone.

After dinner I crawl my way upstairs and flop down in bed. I consider writing Draco a note and having Caramel deliver it, despite what my mom says, but end up not doing it. I don't need her complaining about that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment