29 August 2011

Mind Over Matter, Chapter 9

It's Day Four of my hotel room imprisonment, and Jarrod was right, I'm going crazy. I forgot my phone charger at home, so my cell is dead. I only get 20 channels on the t.v and there aren't any books in this room. I'm beginning to get my nights and days mixed up. It would almost be worth it to go outside. Almost. But I don't want to give Jarrod that satisfaction.

Speaking of Jarrod; it's kind of weird right now. He's been over everyday to visit and we've kissed some more, but we don't talk about it. I've never been one of those "talk it out after the fact" kind of girls, but Jarrod's been my best friend since grade 3, and these emotions are coming at me from left field. Every time I try to ask he shuts down until I change the subject.

I sigh and look at the clock. It's almost 6 and he's due to be here any time now. Instead of just sitting around I decide to take a shower. While getting undressed I think I'm probably the cleanest person in Carson City right now. I've had a shower a day and sometimes a bath later on after Jarrod goes home. I don't normally like baths, but that's how bored I've been.

To ensure that I don't go anywhere, I gave Jarrod my key card. I could probably just get another at the front desk, but I can't really be bothered. While I'm rinsing off I hear Jarrod enter the hotel room. I shut the water off and wrap a towel around myself, making sure it's fastened tightly under my arm. I open the bathroom door and peek into the main room. Jarrod's sitting on the bed. He looks over at me and smiles so I smile back.

"I'll be just a few." He nods and picks up the remote. I shut the door and towel the condensation off the mirror. I stare at myself for a few minutes. Newly dyed black hair, which surprisingly goes well with my tanned complexion. Crystal blue eyes and a spattering of freckles over my nose. I've always hated those freckles because I think they make me look like I'm 12.

On impulse, I undo the towel and let it drop to the floor so I'm standing there in my birthday suit. I turn and look at myself in the full length mirror. I've never much cared about what I look like. I'm slender, but not disgustingly so. I'm short, standing at a might five foot nothing. I think my feet are too big, but everyone else disagrees. I have a small boobs and almost no butt. I've been told anything more than a handful is a waste, but it makes me wonder why guys are always drooling over women with huge chests.

I shrug and pick the towel back up, drying myself off and then putting on my cleanest set of clothes. I emerge from the bathroom to find Jarrod in the exact same spot, except now he's sleeping. I smile slightly and jump on the bed beside him. It wakes him up with a start. I jump on his stomach and try to pin his arms down, but he's a foot taller than I am and probably outweighs me by 75 lbs, so quite shortly after I'm being pinned to the bed and Jarrod's laying over me, his face mere inches from mine.

"Give?" I smile.

"Hardly. I'm not even trying." He laughs and shakes his head. I try to get my knees up between us but he's much too heavy.

"How about now?" I sigh, pretending to admit defeat. I wriggle free the second he lets his grip go and land on the floor on the left side of the bed. He stands across from me, on the right side. We wrestle around a bit more before I collapse on the bed out of breath. Jarrod lays beside me and takes my hand. It's a sweet gesture so I smile.

"You let me win." He smiles.

"Nah. You're just too tough for me." I snicker and position myself so that I'm laying in front of him. He slinks his hand over my waist and rests it on my stomach. We're quiet for a few minutes before I hear something odd.

"Were you just sniffing my hair?" I can feel him smile against the back of my head.

"It smells good." I make a face he can't see.

"No it doesn't. It smells like the hotel's sample bottles." I feel him shrug.

"Smells good to me."

"I need to go shopping. I really can't stand to wear these clothes anymore, I need shampoo. Plus a new charger for my phone."

"Oh, that reminds me, I bought you one."

"One what?"

"A charger for your phone." I smile.

"Thanks. It'd be much easier to sit around here all day if I had someone to text to. Bec is probably going insane."

"I told her as much as I could, but you know her." I nod. Becca doesn't know about my "ability" so I couldn't really tell her why I left home. All she knows is that I got into a fight and I'm hiding out somewhere until I turn 18. Which is in exactly 7 days.

"So do you think we could hold off on the bet so I can get a few things?" Jarrod thinks this over and finally agrees.

"Do you wanna go now or tomorrow?"

"I dunno. I'm starving and we could order supper, but I really want a big greasy burger with onion rings."

"Such a lady." I turn around and grin at him.

"You know it." Instead of turning away from him, I turn my body so I'm facing him. He pulls me in so our bodies are as close together as you can get. With clothes on anyway. But I'm not thinking about that. I don't want to ruin anything when I'm leaving in a week. I like what we have going on right now, and I want it to stay this way. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to wonder. "Let's order in and go out tomorrow." Jarrod smiles.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment