29 August 2011

Someone Else's Happy Ending, Chapter 5

Wednesday September 3rd [16 w 2 d]

Two days later and I still haven't seen Keelan. He wasn't at the welcome feast and hasn't been to any classes. There's rumour going around the house saying he died or is in critical condition at St Mungo's. I was starting to believe it until he plunked down beside me in the common room as I was studying.

"Holy, Keelan! Where have you been!" I jump on his lap and give him a hug. I'd missed him.

"Hi Bell. Sorry, my grandma died on Thursday and the headmaster let me stay home for her funeral."

"I'm so sorry! I wish I had known."

"Don't worry." I give him a kiss and hug him again. I really had missed him.

"I've um, got something to tell you later, after dinner."

"Sure, let's go down, I'm starving."

***

"So Bell, what's on your mind?" Dinner's been over for an hour and I keep stalling. I'm afraid of what his reaction will be.

"Well, a couple things."

"Uh huhhh, wanna tell me?"

"Yes and no. Do you promise to remain calm and not freak out?"

"Promise. Now you gotta tell me." I stand up in front of him, wringing my hands together.

"Okay, um well, I'm kinda sorta.. pregnant." There's a long pause from him and I can tell he's not taking it well. "Say something, please."

"I don't think there's anything to say. You're getting rid of it, right?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"No, I'm keeping it."

"We're to young for this, Bell. You can't keep it." I can feel my temper rising by the second.

"I've already decided what I'm doing, Keelan. You don't have a say in it." He stands up.

"Okay, then don't expect me to stick around." With that he turns around and walks out of the common room. I just stare after him, not believing it. After a second I run after him, catching up to him down the hall.

"Keelan! Come on. You can't just walk out like that. This is your baby, too." He rounds on me.

"No Annabel, this is not our baby. This is your baby. I refuse to be a part of it. Who knows if it's even mine anyway." My temper finally breaks.

"How dare you, Keelan. You know as well as anybody in this damn school how much I love you. If you don't want to be here then go. You're no longer allowed near me or my baby." I slap him just for effect and then stalk away. I decide to take a walk, not caring where I end up.

***

A while later I stop and look around, trying to figure out where I am. I recognize the Potions classroom and am surprised at how far I got. I just then realize how tired and sore I am so I slide down the wall, hugging my legs to my chest. I rest my head on my knees and let my tears fall freely down my face. I hear footsteps but don't care who it is.

"Well well, who do we have here. A student out after hours?" I groan and roll my eyes. Great, just what I need right now.

"Go away Draco. I'm not in the mood." Draco and I have had this "test of wits", if you will, going on since our 3rd year. We're not sure who's winning since we don't keep track. Well, I don't anyway. Not too sure about him. Somewhere in the midst of it all we became friends. Hearing the tone in my voice, Draco walks closer and squats down beside me.

"What's wrong, Bella?" He's the only person I let call me that. My dad used to call me Bella.

"You don't wanna know." He sits down beside me and slinks his arm around my back.

"Sure I do. Why would I ask if I don't care?" I sigh.

"Keelan left me. I told him.. something he wasn't prepared for and he walked out." Despite the act he lets people see, Draco's actually a great listener and a pretty good friend. To me at least.

"Stupid git. Want me to get Crabbe and Goyle on him?" I laugh despite my horrible mood.

"No, don't do that. I was expecting it but was hoping for something else. I guess being his best friend for six years meant nothing to him." Draco pulls me closer and I rest my head on his shoulder, close to tears again.

"Oh love, don't cry. What did you tell him?" Some tears spill over.

"I'm pregnant, Draco." It comes out in a whisper. There's no answer from him. I can tell he's furious at Keelan for leaving me. He's probably already plotting some kind of something against him. And right now, I really couldn't care less about what he does to him. "I'm going to see Madame Promfrey tomorrow. Would you come with me?"

"Of course. Anything. Want to skip classes tomorrow and take the day off?" I chuckle and shake my head.

"You know what my answer is, Draco. I don't skip.

"Just thought I'd try." He hugs me closer. "When's your spare?"

"Right before lunch. What do you have?"

"My spare is then too. I'll meet you right after break in the great hall?" I nod. We sit for a little while longer before I can't stay awake anymore. We say our goodbyes and I head up to Ravenclaw Tower, not bothering to undress before I flop into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment