12 November 2011

Forever More, Chapter 1

Note: Here's the sequel to Someone Else's Happy Ending! Hope you all enjoy it!

"Give your mother a hug." I take my twins in my arms and give them a tight squeeze.

"Mom, get off."

"Ugh." I ignore them.

"Come on, I won't see you two until Christmas holidays."

"Mom! You're gonna owl everyday anyway. The train's gonna leave." I finally let my them go and watch as they board the train. Cheyenne was smart and took off before I could hug her to death.

"They're gonna be fine, love."

"Mommy, why can't I go on the train?" I look down at my youngest, Keera.

"Cause honey, you're not old enough yet. Your time will come, don't you worry."

"Are we gonna go see Jasmine now?"

"Yes yes, we can go see her. Just in a minute, I want to see the train leave." Jasmine is Phoebe and Gabe's little girl. She and Keera were born about 2 months apart. She's their miracle baby. After trying for 5 some odd years, 4 miscarriages and 2 still births, they finally got their little girl. I feel slightly guilty because I have 4 kids and they only have 1.

As the train pulls away Ethan and Bridget wave from their compartment. I feel a pang in my chest. I'll be going from having 3 kids all year, 4 for the summer, to only 1. I look down at Keera and smile sadly. At least I get her all to myself for the next 6 years.

Draco takes my hand and squeezes it, sensing my sudden mood shift. "Mommy, let's go!" Keera pulls us back out to the train station, leading us back to the car. Draco finds this highly amusing and I just give him a look.

"Keera, honey, Jasmine will be there no matter how fast we go." The look she gives me just cracks me up and I have to keep from laughing at her. Her and Jasmine are very close. After finding out we were going to have twins Phoebe insisted we move closer to them. Draco didn't like living in a muggle town at first, but the home we bought was amazing, so it was a little easier persuading him.

The house originally had 3 bedrooms, but after learning our twins were a boy and a girl, we had another bedroom built on. And then when we found out I was pregnant with Keera, we gave Bridget Cheyenne's room and redecorated Bridget's as the nursery. Bridget and Cheyenne share a room when she's home from school for holidays, much to both their dislike.

I unlock the diver's side door and climb in, watching Keera as she buckles up. She likes to pretend she does it and then let's it go when I'm not looking. We got into a lot of trouble from the police last year for that. After I'm sure she's buckled up and Draco climbs in the passenger seat, I start up the car and edge my way into traffic.

Draco doesn't see the need to have a car at all. He hasn't even bothered to get his license. He doesn't know why we can't just floo everywhere. "Are we all buckled in?" I stare at Draco. He doesn't like to use his seat belt either, which is where I assume Keera got that habit from. It's like I live with 2 children and not a grown man. Draco puts his hand on my leg and I look down at it. Even after all this time, he still gets to me. He grins at me but doesn't move his hand.

I sigh as I change lanes, making sure I'm in the right one. It takes about an hour to get to Phoeb's. Keera sleeps most of the way. I see Jasmine playing outside in their front yard as I pull up to the driveway. She waves and calls to her mommy as I pull up behind their car. I see Phoebe in the kitchen window and wave as I turn off the car. "Wanna get her?" Draco opens the backdoor and pulls Keera out of the car. I notice her seat belt was already undone. What am I going to do with that girl?

I grab my purse and walk up to the house, opening the door for Draco. "Put her up in Jazz's room." Draco's about to take her upstairs but she wakes up.

"Are we here?" Draco sets her down.

"Yes, Jasmine's outside, go play." She gives me a hug then runs off.

"Hey guys. You're a little early."

"She spent less time watching the train leave than I thought she would." Draco moves to avoid me hitting him.

"You can thank Keera for that. She drove the kids crazy talking about seeing Jasmine after they left. She practically dragged me to the car." Phoebe laughs as she moves around the kitchen.

"Lunch is almost ready. Soon as Gabe's done fiddling with the grill. Hope hamburger's are okay." Hearing 'Gabe', 'grill' and 'hamburgers' in the same sentence, Draco takes off in the direction of the backyard. I was actually quite surprised with their friendship. Draco's not a snob, but he was definitely raised that wizards are better than muggles. I like to think I had something to do with it.

I shake my head and raid the fridge for a cold drink. "So Bell, I have some news. I don't want to get excited yet though."

"Hm, what's that."

"I'm late." I get the point immediately, she's pregnant, again.

"Oh sweetie, I'm happy for you." She nods, looking down at her belly. I really hope this works out for her. Her and Gabe have been through enough as it is. Honestly I'm surprised they keep trying. I figured once Jasmine was born they'd stop. I know I would have. As if expressing my thoughts, she says,

"I was really surprised. We said we'd stop after Jazz. She's our miracle baby and I'm perfectly happy having just her. I was so busy last month, helping plan my sister's wedding, going to Greece for two weeks. I guess I just forgot a few pills." I take a sip of the orange juice I'd found.

"Does Gabe know yet?"

"No. I don't want to get him anxious if it's only for nothing. I think I'll wait to tell him."

"Okay, well be careful." Just then our conversation is interrupted as Gabe and Draco enter the kitchen. Gabe's holding a plate full of hamburgers.

"Let's eat!"

**

"Draco, do you hear that?" I set two wine glasses down and sit beside him.

"Hear what, Bella?" I smile and take a sip.

"Silence. Isn't it wonderful?" He grins as I set my glass back down.

"Yes, yes it is." I rest my back against Draco's chest and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I think I could get used to this." I feel him smile against my head. I thought the first night would be very lonely, but I'm actually quite enjoying it. Silence is golden. And quiet. I can't believe it's only 8 PM and it's this quiet.

"So, do you think we should take advantage of this new found silence?" I pat his arm.

"Not tonight, I don't think. Today was exhausting. Maybe tomorrow if you're lucky." He growls low in my ear. It makes me shiver.

"Oh Bella. It's been forever." I laugh while taking another sip of wine.

"It's only been a week, calm down."

"Seems like forever." I smile and look up at him. He kisses my forehead. Not too long after I fall into sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment